Lambeth Council has announced devastating cuts to the Library Service.
The proposals include:
• Closing half of Lambeth’s libraries
• The immediate sell-off of Minet and Waterloo Libraries
• Stopping funding to Carnegie, Durning and Upper Norwood Libraries
• Reducing the size of West Norwood and Brixton Libraries
• Replacing Libraries with bookshelves in pubs
Frankly, it’s a slap in the face to library staff, our Friends of Libraries Groups and the communities we serve. Labour was re-elected boasting that it kept all our libraries open. Where is that commitment to the services future now?