In 1940 the Trotskyist movement split over attitudes to Stalinism. The participation and victory of Stalin's USSR in World War 2 as an imperialist power would make that split a fundamental political dividing-point.
- Introduction: many Trotskyisms
- Max Shachtman's speech on the Russian Question at the New York membership meeting of the US Trotskyist movement, October 1939
- Part 1: the dispute in the party
- Part 2: Russian imperialism
- Part 3: the bureaucratic conservatism of the Cannon majority
- "Trotsky and his critics": a later discussion of the issues by Max Shachtman
- Remember Leon Trotsky!
|(47.41 KB)||47.41 KB|
|(473.99 KB)||473.99 KB|