Workers’ Liberty HQ has rarely known as much excitement as it did on Tuesday 30 April, when our new duplicating machine was delivered.
Veteran members said it felt nearly as eventful as the day in 1973 when the office of our predecessor organisation, Workers’ Fight, was raided by Special Branch on suspicion of connections to Irish republican groups.
Our purchase of the new, top-of-the-range machine was only made possible because of a series of extremely generous donations from Solidarity readers. We can now print and duplicate the materials integral to our day-to-day work — workplace bulletins, leaflets, newsletters, and more — at unprecedented speeds.
But the need to fundraise specifically for the new machine did stall our overall fundraising drive somewhat. We’re still short of the £15,000 target we set ourselves. We’re extending the appeal until 21 June, when our Ideas for Freedom event begins.
Support our appeal! You can contribute in the following ways:
• Take out a monthly standing order using the form below or at workersliberty.org/resources. Please post completed forms to us at the AWL address below.
• Make a donation by cheque, payable to “AWL”, or donate online at workersliberty.org/donate.
• Organise a fundraising event.
• Take copies of Solidarity to sell.
• Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL. More information: 07796 690874 / email@example.com / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, London SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £10,360
We raised £284 this week from sales of literature and donations. Thanks to Martin, Rosie, Mick and Chris.