Our new book, Antonio Gramsci: Working-Class Revolutionary, is now available to buy from radical bookstores, online and from local AWL branches.
A public launch meeting for the book, featuring presentations from its editor Martin Thomas, and contributor Peter Thomas (author of The Gramscian Moment), will take place in London on Wednesday 31 October.
In publishing the book, we aim to re-assert the class-struggle soul of Gramsci’s politics, an immense contribution to revolutionary strategy and thought.
Gramsci’s is a legacy much distorted by Stalinist, “neo-Marxist”, “post-Marxist”, and quasi-post-modern claims on him, all contending that the real lesson of Gramsci’s work is that workplace-based struggle between workers and bosses must somehow be left behind, moved beyond, or replaced as the defining core of revolutionary politics.
Publishing the book is part of our ongoing attempt to put class and class struggle back at the heart not only of how Gramsci’s legacy is understood, but at the heart of what it means to be left-wing.
That is one of the fundamental reasons the Alliance for Workers’ Liberty exists. But we are only able to exist, to publish books, and carry out our other work because of the financial support of those who agree with that project.
Please support our drive to raise £15,000 by May Day 2013. You can help our fundraising drive by:
* Taking out a monthly standing order using the form below or at www.workersliberty.org/resources. Please post completed forms to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation by cheque, payable to “AWL”, or donating online at www.workersliberty.org/donate.
* Organising a fundraising event.
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL. More information: 07796 690874 / email@example.com / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road,
London SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £1,083
We raised £1,083 this week from increased standing orders and donations. Thanks to Jean, Matthew, Gemma, Maria and Sean.