With just one month to go before our deadline of 1 September we need to raise £2,200 to meet our target.
Will we do it? Maybe not. However while we do not advocate fiddling our own the figures as bankers fiddle their own interest rates, we do intend to get pledges from AWL branches to make plans to raise money through into the autumn.
In London for instance we plan to put on a fundraising gig in October. We will report on this and other plans in the next issue.
You can continue to help us by:
* Taking out a monthly standing order. There is a form at www.workersliberty.org/resources and below Please post to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation. You can send it to us at the address below (cheques payable to “AWL”) or do it online at www.workersliberty.org/donate
* Organising a fundraising event
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell at your workplace, university/college or campaign group.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL.
More information: 07796 690 874 / firstname.lastname@example.org / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Rd, SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £17,806
We raised £206 in the last three weeks in new standing orders and donations. Thanks to Cath, Eric, Kate, Liz and Serena