At Ideas for Freedom, we raised over £2,200 for our fundraising drive. If we raise the same again between now and September we will be on track to meet our target.
The summer time offers many opportunities for raising funds. Why not organise a Workers’ Liberty BBQ in your area? £85 of the money we raised at IFF came from selling our specially produced “Liberty Ale”; now is the time to be as creative while raising the funds we need to keep the organisation fighting the battle for socialism.
In the long summer evenings, as the weather improves (we hope), people may be more likely to stop and chat at a public paper sale or stall. Make sure you have got your Solidarity subscription forms at hand so that more people can receive our news reports, working-class history and dispatches from the front lines of the class struggle.
You can also help our fundraising drive by:
* Taking out a monthly standing order. There is a form at www.workersliberty.org/resources and below Please post to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation. You can send it to us at the address below (cheques payable to “AWL”) or do it online at www.workersliberty.org/donate
* Organising a fundraising event
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell at your workplace, university/college or campaign group.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL.
More information: 07796 690 874 / firstname.lastname@example.org / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Rd, SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £17,600
We raised £2,493 this fortnight. Thanks to everyone who contributed at Ideas for Freedom, to Esme and Alex for money raised on AWL ale and to Will and EBS.