Senior Tory politicians have no trouble raising a bit of extra cash when they need it.
Baroness Warsi, co-chair of the Tory party, is in trouble over failing to disclose a business interest in a spice manufacturing company in Pakistan when she visited the country on government business.
She’s also in trouble for claiming up to £2,000 living allowance when she was actually staying rent-free in the home of a Tory donor.
If only such options were available to us. Sleep over at a mate’s house a few nights a week, two grand. Easy.
Unfortunately we don’t have the good Baroness’s privileges. Our only source of funding comes from the donations of members and friends of Workers’ Liberty and supporters of this paper. Please contribute to our fighting fund so we can take on the likes of Sayeeda Warsi and her scrounging ruling-class chums.
You can help by:
* Taking out a monthly standing order. There is a form at www.workersliberty.org/resources and below Please post to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation. You can send it to us at the address below (cheques payable to “AWL”) or do it online at www.workersliberty.org/donate
* Organising a fundraising event
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell at your workplace, university/college or campaign group.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL.
More information: 07796 690 874 / email@example.com / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Rd, SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £13,206
Once again we raised only a small amount in the last two weeks — £158 — from donations and increased standing orders. Thanks to Bryan, Eric, George, Matthew and Michael.