Britain’s roads are crumbling. But David Cameron has a brilliant idea to fix that.
He will get his mates in the city to compete to lease the most popular roads; they’ll fill in the pot holes and, as is only fair, in return, they will get to levy tolls.
Whether it’s VirginHighways, Serco or Balfour Beatty that gets the lease to the M25 etc, imagine what the less busy roads are going to look like in ten years time? And that’s why the AWL is saving up to buy a donkey and cart.
Actually we need money to continue fighting Tory stupidities. Publishing Solidarity as a weekly, maintaining our website, and organising events such as our Ideas for Freedom summer school are key ways in which we do that.
We depend on donations, subscriptions and sales to help us.
* Taking out a monthly standing order to the AWL. There is a form at www.workersliberty.org/resources and on this page. (Even a few pounds a month really does help.)
* Making a donation. You can send it to us at the address below (cheques payable to “AWL”) or do it online at www.workersliberty.org/donate.
* Organising a fundraising event.
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell at your workplace, university/college or campaign group.
* Getting in touch to discuss joining the AWL.
For more information on any of the above, contact us: tel. 07796 690 874 / firstname.lastname@example.org / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, SE1 3DG.
Total raised so far: £10,345
We raised £372 this week from a donation, an increased standing order and new subscriptions. Thanks to Karen, Liam, Lynne, and Max.